Work with us
Social Media & Digital Marketing Officer - Maternity Cover
Salary: £24,500-£26,500 DoE
Contract: Fixed Term – 1 year
Responsible to: Development Director
Location: Uckfield, East Sussex
Closing Date for applications: Monday 27 July
Be part of Team Rescue and work for a growing dynamic group of fundraisers and marketing professionals dedicated to rescuing animals from cruelty and suffering around the world.
International Animal Rescue (IAR) is an award winning charity based in Uckfield, East Sussex, committed to animal welfare and conservation. At IAR we do exactly what our name says: we save animals from suffering around the world. We rescue and rehabilitate orangutans in Indonesia, release bears in Armenia from caged captivity, treat injured howler monkeys in Costa Rica and care for dancing bears in India - and so much more. Whenever we can, we release rescued animals back into the wild; and when that's not possible, we give them a safe haven for life.
We are looking for someone who can assist the small but growing fundraising and marketing team who likes to make things happen. This role would suit someone with specific experience in digital marketing, particularly social media marketing, and who is passionate about animal welfare and conservation. We are committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
IAR is vibrant in the market place, creating exciting appeals for existing supporters as well as inspiring the recruitment of prospective supporters with innovative and exciting campaigns. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is inspired and motivated by the work of IAR, who will provide support for the fundraising and marketing team to develop and increase its income, taking this vitally important work to the next level. If this is you, we would love to hear from you.
Application process: email CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Please put Social Media & Digital Marketing Officer (Maternity Cover) as the email subject.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic we will be undertaking interviews online via Zoom. IAR follows current government guidelines and therefore, where appropriate, staff members are currently required to work from home.
Job Description – Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and increasing the Charity's social media presence through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and other platforms, providing interesting and timely updates.
- Work closely with the Digital Content Executive to create daily content (different platforms may require different content depending on engagement rates and platform trends/algorithms) (Includes posts and stories).
- Support all appeals and campaigns through digital advertising and content creation.
- Write or support the writing of copy for posts on each social media platform.
- Ensure all comments and inboxes are monitored and queries and complaints are dealt with and responded to.
- Supporting the Digital Team and digital marketing activity, primarily SEO, SEM, PPC, Paid Advertising, Paid Search etc.
- Manage social media advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
- Monitor and create content for Facebook Groups / Instagram: ‘Cakes for Apes’, ‘The Rainforest Run’ and ‘Fundraising for International Animal Rescue.’
- Managing IAR’s relationship with Just Giving and similar platforms.
- Ensure an accurate IAR ‘tone of voice’, messaging and brand consistency.
- Monitor social media post and advertising performance using insights and Google Analytics to accurately budget social media spend.
- Manage external providers of design, advertising and marketing materials, where necessary, in line with the charity’s branding and image guidelines.
- Remain up to date with the latest digital marketing and fundraising developments, identifying, prioritising and implementing appropriate opportunities for IAR.
- Ensure that all content is consistent with the IAR brand and enhances all marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Work closely with the Community Fundraising Assistant to ensure Facebook Fundraisers are monitored and thanked.
- Provide regular reporting to the Development Director on performance of social media & digital marketing.
- Support the Development Director in the delivery of the charity’s fundraising, recruitment and marketing activity.
- At least 3 years’ experience in social media marketing with in depth knowledge of Facebook and Instagram. (E)
- Experience of managing and delivering social media campaigns within a charity, business or organisation. (E)
- Experience of devising social media advertising campaigns and reaching new audiences. (E)
- Experience of utilising different tactics to convert IAR’s social media followers into IAR supporters.
- Experience of nurturing new and existing supporters through excellent supporter engagement through social media. (E)
- Experience of delivering all marketing activity within the agreed budget. (E)
- Experience in creating in exciting and enticing creative written copy. (E)
- Experience of promoting organisations through digital marketing activity such as SEO, PPC, Paid advertising and Paid Search. (D)
- Experience of using Google Analytics as a reporting tool. (E)
- Experience of working within a small team. (D)
- Experience working for animal welfare and/or conservation organisations. (D)
Abilities & Competencies:
- Meticulous, attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills.
- Pro-active and self-motivated as well as being able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with supporters.
- IT literate, good administrative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- A creative thinker who is able to add value to a small team.
- A passion for animal welfare, conservation and protection of the environment.
- Flexible approach and adaptable to working in a small cross-functional team.
- Willing and able to occasionally carry out other tasks for IAR as and when required.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands; able to work with team members to share, motivate and influence; creative thinker, with a ‘Can Do’ attitude; desire to use initiative and seek continuous improvement.