CODE RED - take action on International Orangutan Day!
The Bornean orangutan is now Critically Endangered. If nothing changes, a third of the remaining population will be wiped out by 2020.
We are calling on YOU to take action for the red ape now: wear RED on International Orangutan Day - 19 August - and donate £3/$4 to save the red ape.
If you live in the UK, you can text the word SAVE to 66010 to donate £3*.
WHY WE NEED YOU TO TAKE ACTION THIS INTERNATIONAL ORANGUTAN DAY.
We are the last remaining hope for orangutans in West Borneo. By making a donation this International Orangutan Day you will be supporting our vital work which includes:
- Coming to the aid of wild orangutans left stranded when their forest home is destroyed.
- Relocating these vulnerable animals into safe areas of protected forest.
- Rescuing and rehabilitating baby orangutans that have been snatched from their mothers and sold as pets, as well as adults that have spent years in captivity, chained or locked up in tiny cages.
- Providing a permanent home for any animals that can't fend for themselves.
- Managing our extensive landscape conservation project which includes protection of the orangutan’s natural habitat, encouraging sustainable farming, and reforesting areas lost in fires.
- Bringing our education and outreach programmes into local communities to inspire and encourage change in attitudes and behaviour.
If we are to have any hope for the survival of this species, we must all take action. We are in a crisis, and we are running out of time.
Be sure to upload photos of yourself wearing red on social media using the hashtags:
*If you choose to donate via text, you will be charged £3, plus one message at your standard network rate. 100% of your donation will be received by International Animal Rescue, Registered Charity No: 1118277. If you have any questions please call 01825 767 688